PASTOR Tom Carter
On Sunday mornings Pastor Tom has launched a 13-part series of messages titled, What Jesus Thinks of Our Permissive Society through the Old Testament book of Judges. The key verse in Judges says, “In those days Israel had no king. Everyone did as he saw fit” (Judges 21:25). That sounds like a good description of our permissive society, with the legalization of abortion, same-sex marriage, the sexual revolution, and public restrooms that say “Men” and “Women” now open to either gender. We’re living in a culture very much like the one God’s people lived in during the period of Judges, so there is a great deal of practical teaching in this book for us. Here are the titles of the messages Pastor Tom is bringing in this series:
- Resist the Flow of Our Permissive Society: Judges 1-3.
- Trust the Strong Man to Dethrone the Wrong Man in Your Life: Judges 3:12-20.
- Your War with Sin: Judges 4.
- Three Questions You’ve Always Wanted to Ask God: Judges 6:1-32.
- Is It Okay to Lay Out a Fleece? Judges 6:33-40.
- Let God Work Through You: Judges 7.
- What It Means to Have Jesus as Your King: Judges 11.
- Your New Birth: Judges 13.
- You’ve Got a Lot to Lose! Judges 14.
- How to Resist Taking Revenge: Judges 15.
- Four Warnings About Sin: Judges 16.
- When Jesus Is Not Your King: Judges 17-18.
- A Portrait of Your Human Nature: Judges 19-21.
- Each of these 13 weeks we are discovering Jesus in Judges, and we’re learning what he thinks of our permissive society. We invite you to join us on Sunday mornings at 9:00 or 10:45 a.m. for this relevant series of messages.