Become a Person After God’s Own Heart
Beginning February 4, Pastor Tom began a new sermon series called Become a Person After God’s Own Heart: The Life of David.
David committed adultery with a woman named Bathsheba and then murdered Bathsheba’s husband in an attempt to cover up his sin (2 Samuel 11). Another of David’s sins led to the deaths of 70,000 men (2 Samuel 24:1-15). Yet twice the Bible calls David “a man after God’s own heart” (1 Samuel 13:14; Acts 13:22). So there’s hope for us! Every king after David was compared to the godly standard that David established. We’ll study the stories of David and Goliath; David serving under the jealous King Saul; David’s friendship with Jonathan, son of King Saul; David the warrior; David as King of Israel; David’s family life; David’s sins of adultery, murder, and pride; and David the worshiper. In each of these studies we’ll glean something of what it means to become a person after God’s own heart.
• Friday-Sunday, February 23-25: Senior High students attend Hume Lake winter camp for free!
• Sunday, February 25: Awana Grand Prix
• Friday-Sunday, March 9-11: Men’s Retreat at Mount Hermon (signups begin in January)
• Friday, March 30: Community Good Friday worship service at Dinuba Presbyterian Church
• Sunday, April 1: Easter
• Sunday, April 8: Newcomers Orientation
• Sunday, April 29: Baptism